These blueberries & cream cookies were inspired by some cookies that I used to frequently buy from Central Market. They were crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, with the perfect balance of blueberries and creaminess. I used aquafaba in place of eggs and it gave them an amazingly similar texture.
Blueberries & Cream Cookies (Vegan & GF)
A delicious vegan gluten-free cookie that's crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan butter ((melted & cooled))
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 TB aquafaba
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, blueberries, and white chocolate in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl with a mixer, whisk aquafaba on high until soft peaks form. Slowly add in sugars, butter, and vanilla (in that order) and whisk until well combined and fluffy.
- Fold wet mixture into dry, until just combined (don't over mix!). Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Before baking, preheat the oven to 375ºF. Scoop out spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for about 12 minutes, until the edges are turning golden brown. Let cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.