These cookies contain zero grains, refined sugar, dairy, or eggs. They are delightfully nutty, not too sweet, and crunchy-chewy at the same time.
Vegan Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
A healthy grain-free vegan chocolate chip cookie that is crunchy, chewy, and perfectly sweet. The best part is they actually fill you up because they are made with real ingredients.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup cashew meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg ((1 TB flax meal + 3 TB warm water whisked and let sit for 5 mins))
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup melted coconut oil or vegan butter ((cooled to room temperature))
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment or silpat baking mat. Make your flax egg and let sit. If making your own, go ahead and make your almond & cashew meal by whizzing almond and cashews in a food processor until you get a fine meal.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together all wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then incorporate into the dry mix until combined.
- Scoop cookies, about a heaping Tbsp, and flatten by hand or with utensil (they don't melt down like some cookies). Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool on sheet for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.