These crackers are crunchy, buttery, and super cheesy. Surprisingly so for being dairy-free. Regular cheez-its are highly processed and contain wheat and dairy. This gluten-free, grain-free, vegan version is much easier on the stomach. They’re made with almond flour and tapioca flour, which gives them a delightful crunch and texture.
Whether you are a cheez-it or cheese nip kind of person (yes, there's a difference), you should try these crackers. They are seriously yummy and addicting.
- 1 C almond flour
- 1/2 C tapioca flour
- 4 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 flax egg ((chilled))
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch paprika
- pinch turmeric
- 1/4-1/2 tsp himalayan pink sea salt
- 3 TB vegan butter ((I use earth balance))
- 1-2 TB cold unsweetened soy or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Whiz all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a dough ball. Wrap dough in parchment and place in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- On a flat surface, roll dough out between 2 pieces of parchment until very thin and even. Remove the top parchment and slice the dough with a pizza cutter or knife into cracker shapes. Then place the parchment with the dough on it onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Start checking for doneness at 15 minutes. Because the dough is so thin and can burn easily keep an extra careful eye out.